Special Issue Proposal
The journal of RESM is open to proposals for special issues on emerging topics related to the fields given in scope of the journal.
- Anyone may propose a topic and apply for guest editor status.
- The proposed guest editor may be a single person or a group of 2 or 3 people. If a group is proposed, the proposal should indicate how the work will be divided.
- The proposed guest editor(s) should have demonstrated expertise on the topic being proposed.
- The proposal should include a resume/CV for each proposed guest editor.
- The proposal should demonstrate that the topic is one of current interest to technical and professional practitioners or researchers, or to the engineering community in general. Inclusion of objective evidence like numbers of recent studies and citations obtained from scientific indexes are preferable. (This may not be possible for emerging fields/topics)
- Proposals should include a suggested timeline, information on the number of expected papers and a draft call for submissions for the special issue..
To submit a proposal, please send the above given information to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that reviewing for special issues must follow the same open and transparent review process as for all other papers submitted to the journal. The decisions of the guest editors may be audited and overruled by the journal editors.
Responsibilities of guest editor:
- circulating the
call for papers for the special issue and invite submissions.
submissions to the special issue in the journal system (the web-based journal
management system) including assigning reviewers, collecting reviews,
communicating with authors, making editorial decisions of acceptance, decline
- obtaining at
least three subject experts as reviewers per submission and can make a final
decision based on two review results.
- coordination of
the editorial process in consultation with the Editor-in-Chief.
deadlines and deliver the final project as scheduled.
- conducting all
business with reviewers, authors, and editorial staff in ethical and
- editing final
- submission of
edited final drafts and copyright forms to editor-in-chief through journal