Special Issue Proposal
The journal of RESM is open to proposals for special issues on emerging topics related to the fields given in scope of the journal.
- A team including expert researchers or a person may propose a topic and apply for guest editor status.
- The guest editor team may be a group of 2 or 3 people. If a group is
proposed, the proposal should indicate how the work will be divided.
- The proposed
guest editor(s) should have demonstrated expertise on the topic being proposed.
- Them guest editorial team should include researchers with a h-index around 15 per Google Scholar. (This may be disregarded for emerging topics with high current scientific interest.)
- The proposal should include a resume/CV for each proposed guest editor and web addresses of their Google Scholar pages.
- The proposal should demonstrate that the topic is one of current interest to technical and professional practitioners or researchers, or to the engineering community in general. Inclusion of objective evidence like numbers of recent studies and citations obtained from scientific indexes are preferable. (This may not be possible for emerging fields/topics)
- Proposals should include a suggested title, timeline, information on the number of expected papers and a draft call for submissions for the special issue.
Common Mistakes in Special Issue Proposals
Some proposals are submitted with flaws that preclude their acceptance and lead to the waste of the time of both the proposing party and journal Editorial Committee. In order to prevent such instances, the below given remarks may be considered:
- Proposals missing required data such as information on guest editors given at fifth point or information on special issue given at the last point of the above list.
- Proposals on a too general subject which lacks a in depth focus of current interest.
- Proposals with a team of guest editors without the qualifications given at the second and third point of the above list.
- Proposals without sufficient data on demonstrating the scientific or technical importance and high interest on the suggested topic.
To submit a proposal, please send the above given information to the email@example.com.
Please note that reviewing for special issues must follow the same open and transparent review process as for all other papers submitted to the journal. The decisions of the guest editors may be audited and overruled by the journal editors.
Responsibilities of guest editor:
- circulating the
call for papers for the special issue and invite submissions.
submissions to the special issue in the journal system (the web-based journal
management system) including assigning reviewers, collecting reviews,
communicating with authors, making editorial decisions of acceptance, decline
- obtaining at
least three subject experts as reviewers per submission and can make a final
decision based on two review results.
- coordination of
the editorial process in consultation with the Editor-in-Chief.
deadlines and deliver the final project as scheduled.
- conducting all
business with reviewers, authors, and editorial staff in ethical and
- editing final
- submission of
edited final drafts and copyright forms to editor-in-chief through journal